Welcome to the Dungeon Master Audio Series!
As a kid back in the early 80’s, I always loved playing Dungeons & Dragons with the basic red box set on pen & paper with a group of friends from school. I still have fond memories of the journeys we went on together to slay the evil foes from across vast lands, the quests we completed, the fame we achieved, and the plunder we carried.
Thinking about those moments, I decided to put together this quick audio series featuring plots, twists and turns ALL based upon your interaction. YES, you have a HUGE play in how the module is completed.
Remember those WHICH-WAY books or NEVER-ENDING stories back in the day? Well, similar to those, I decided to put together some mini-series modules to bring you through my own imagination in the lands of lore, magic, knights, and dragons where YOU, BECOME the hero or the villain!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- On a set cycle (thinking every week), I will put out a mini-audio clip of what is happening in the module.
- The clip duration will be short (5-10 minutes max) to keep interest and enough leeway where you can add to the plot.
- Based upon listener feedback, I will include that in the next mini-audio clip along with introducing the next part until the module is complete.
HOW DO I SEND IN MY ACTIONS FOR THE SERIES?
- You will interact with me through DM’s on Twitter or email directly.
*** PLEASE SEND IN YOUR RESPONSE TO ME BY WEDNESDAY EVERY WEEK ***
- I will pick ONE or a COMBINATION of respondents’ actions and will continue the plot forward throwing twists and curves along the way.
- If no responses are received, I will continue the plot myself until the module is completed.
WILL YOU SHARE MY ACTIONS WITH OTHERS?
- Yes, what you send in might be selected for the actions in the next scene!
- You will be able to audibly hear your actions in the scene and how it falls into the overall plots and module.
- Interaction is important, so please send in your thoughts/actions for each scene to help make this a success!
DO YOU ALREADY HAVE THE MODULE COMPLETED?
- I love creating spur of the moment content based upon existing conditions. Therefore, the high-level ‘theme’ of the module is documented but not every move.
- Hence, it won’t be rigid or restricted to a certain flow and will make it unique and interesting.
- I also am NOT recording according to an outline but on-the-fly recording based upon what comes to mind and your feedback.
- It should get VERY interesting as the module goes on…
IS THIS A PART OF THE CROSS-REALM PODCAST?
- No, this is a completely new mini-audio series
- However, it will be available on the same iTunes and Stitcher listings which means you have to do nothing if you are already subscribed. Simply click to listen!
THIS SOUNDS AWESOME, HOW DO I GET STARTED RIGHT NOW?
- I have already recorded the Introduction on what the Dungeon Master Audio Series (DMAS) is and how I plan to approach it.
- I have also recorded the FIRST scene so you can listen to it now and send in your actions for next week.
- CLICK On the Podcast menu option above and select Dungeon Master Audio Series. Listen to the Introduction First then Module 1, Scene 1.
THE DUNGEON MASTER AUDIO SERIES MODULE 1: THE FORGOTTEN KING
DMAS MODULE 1 — INTRODUCTION (3:38 minutes) (MP3 Direct)
DMAS MODULE 1 — SCENE 1: THE DARK CHAMBER (3 minutes) (MP3 Direct)
- I also love hearing from people who like the content I provide and want to take the time to write in. If you are one of those individuals, please reach out to me via comment, Twitter, or Email. Thank you in advance for your support.
Best regards and I hope you enjoy the Dungeon Master Audio Series! I look forward to much participation and bringing you the deepest and darkest parts of my imagination.